Monday, March 9, 2009

Blog much?...

So I have totally fallen off the blogging bandwagon, but I am jumping back on with two feet....so many things to catch up on. I am working on downloading a new program for my camera, so no pictures right now. February was a crazy month. My little sister Tami got married on March 6, so the end of Feb. was kind of a blur. Between working, job hunting for Jayson, two kids, and planning a wedding, I haven't had much time for any reporting. Let's see...

Bridal Shower... Missy Caudle and I threw a bridal shower for Tami on the 21st of this month. It turned out beautiful....thanks in HUGE part to Missy. She fancied up her house and assigned out the food (one woman brought gourmet desserts...wow!) Overall, I think we accomplished our goal of making Tami feel really special (embarrassing her was an added bonus:))

Endownment...The next step was attending her endownment session. It was so good to be back to the temple. It's amazing how easy it is to fall out of sync. A few weeks before the session, I pulled out my recommend and realized it had been expired for six months...how embarrasing! Needless to say, I got a new one and we have a new goal of attending the temple monthly.

Baby blessing...no, not Tami's, but in the middle of all this chaos, Alycia, Jayson's baby sister had her little girl, Ella, blessed down in Boise. It was a really good getaway. We were out of sync with the rest of the family, we came down a day later, and left a day later than everyone else, but we enjoyed to time as a family. It was the first time since last summer that Preston had been in a pool. He loved it! He got pretty intimidated to swim at the end of the summer last year after a scary jump in a friends pool, but he had obviously forgotten about it. He was actually a little too brave for me. We didn't have his life vest with us, so we had too keep an eagle eye on him, but we were in the pool every chance we got...literally(we ran out of swim diapers!)

Finally, the wedding. It was beautiful. Now that it is all over, I can say that. It was a crazy busy week, it took lots of helpers, but we pulled it off. The sealing ceremony was beautiful, and the reception looked amazing. I can honestly say that Tami and Casey make a perfect couple. I just hope that everything turned out the way they wanted and that they had a good time. But hey, they should have no worries right now relaxing in the Carribean!

3 comments:

I'm Dani said...

Congrats on all of your family happenings. I wish I would have known you were in Boise. We could have gotten together. (or at least the thougth is nice. buse, busy, busy.) Hopefully you can get some relaxation now.

Missy said...

Aren't you glad this is all behind us now? Now if we could just get some nice spring weather!

Taylor said...

WOW you have been busy girl! Now your kids have ear infections. Hey if you don't keep up with your new blogging go get em attitude we totally understand