Sunday, January 3, 2010

Refreshing...

Just a random thought from today...Jayson's brother and wife blessed their baby boy today at church, and due to overlapping meeting times, we had to skip our ward to attend theirs. Can I just admit how refreshing it was to have a really noisy ward. Don't get me wrong, normally I would be applauding how quiet a ward is, but today it totally recharged my batteries. We normally attend a ward that has VERY few children...so few in fact that we had to combine our junior and senior primary just to fill up the primary room. To add to that, Allie will be in nursery with only one other child this year(lucky for the person who has that calling)! So, let's just say Sacrament meeting is normally the hardest hour of my week, but today it actually felt good to sit and let my kids "whisper" to their cousins without having the teenagers snicker and the elderly people turn around and glare.

2 comments:

Tyler, Alycia and Ella said...

Holy cow! I didn't know there were so few kids in your ward. I would probably go insane just trying to keep my kid quiet so she wouldn't disturb anyone and wouldn't pay as close attention to what's going on!

The Cornett Family said...

You guys should move into our ward! We seriously have a little play group in the back row...but a reverent play group...:) Anyway, thanks for your sweet comments on my blogs! And I'm glad to hear that someone agrees with me about the wreath, the bow was kind of bugging me. Hopefully we'll be able to have another get-together soon, where we can chat. I'm sorry you weren't feeling well, being sick stinks!!