Today I decided to bite the bullet and try my hand at potty-training Preston. He has been showing little signs that he is ready...waking up with a dry diaper most nights, going potty in the toilet every night before bathtime, and the other day he went poop in the toilet all by himself(he didn't wipe, but that's another lesson). Today, I decided we would do a trial run from breakfast until noon, so I left him naked most of the morning and hovered over him like a hawk. A few times he would start to pee, I would catch him mid stream, and convince him to hold it long enough to get to the toilet. After a few times doing this, I decided that his tank had to be empty, so I left him alone to play in his room for a few minutes. I heard him head upstairs, so I went up to follow him. When I got up there, he had one of the bathroom towels on the floor. The conversation went as follows: "Preston, what are you doing?"... "Mommy, I pee." "What do you mean, where?" I moved the towel and found a wet spot on the floor. "Preston, why didn't you tell me that you needed to use the potty?" ..."Mommy, I det(get) biaper(diaper)." He then ran to his room, grabbed a diaper and laid down for me to put it on him. For those of you that don't know my son very well... He HATES wearing a diaper. Everytime he sees me get one out to put it on him he runs. I was so cute to see him admit defeat. Little does he know that I am planning on trying again tomorrow morning.
4 comments:
That is so cute, and funny. That is pretty good that he knows when to go. I think that he is doing pretty good. Happy Birthday by the way!!!
Hey I didn't know it was your b-day! What did you do? Well the potty training is fuuunnny! Good thing you felt ok enough about it to try again tommorow. Have you tried little treats as incentives to go on the potty? I know that works for allot of moms.. good luck
Way to go Preston! Keep up the good work and mommy too! :) Happy late birthday by the way! Hope you had a good day.
We tried everything with Jayden to get him to go potty in teh toilet. He's always been good about going poop, but he would never go pee unless we asked. Nothing worked, not treats or stickers. So my cousin told me what she did with her kids. Just go and buy underwear. Explain that they aren't for going potty in. If the kid does go potty in them don't change them. Let them figure out that they need changed, and then make them wash them by hand. We've been doing that for about a month now with Jayden. Somedays he slips and pees, but for the most part he goes in the toilet. Isn't potty training fun!!! Good luck.
Post a Comment