Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Help! I need some sleep!

Preston....and I...have developed a bad habit...At about 15 months old, Preston learned how to climb out of his crib. He has since been in a toddler bed. It was a good thing until a few months ago. At about two or three almost every morning the little monster climbs into bed with me. On good nights, I put him back in his bed and he stays...although, he has learned that if he comes back a second time, I am too tired to put him back again. After the second time, Jayson gets up and sleeps in another bed, and I am stuck with the thrasher. I am at a loss...how do I keep him from crawling into bed with me??? I thought it was cute the first few times, but the bags under my eyes aren't so attractive anymore. Any advice would be much appreciated.

5 comments:

Taylor said...

awww man that sucks! Sorry I have no advice for this, but you can bet I will be asking you what you did when its my turn for my little guy to do the same thing.

Linda said...

So a good friend of mine used to give her little ones "You stayed in bed all night" goodie bags that would be hanging on the end of the bed... occasionally, the "goodie bag fairy" would visit the bedroom, and, if said child was still in bed, they would receive a goodie. The trick to doing this was to not do it all the time, and to be sneaky like the tooth fairy... And they weren't expensive things that went into the bags - just fun little toys or some other incentive that would keep her kids in bed. If ever they got out of bed and got into bed with her, the goodie fairy wouldn't come. AND if they got a goodie from the fairy, they would lose the goodie. It may work...

Josh and Kate said...

Just thought I would comment on the music... My kids favorite movie is The Nightmare Before Christmas, and Josh and I's first date was watching Thriller!

Anonymous said...

I heard it was you birthday. Happy Birthday!! When you blow out your candles and make a wish, wish for sleep!!

I'm Dani said...

Just put a lock on the outside of his room. Basically lock him in. This sounds horrible, and you may get some screaming, but I do this to Jayden so he stayes in his room for "quiet time." After a few times, the kid'll get the hint that he can't get out, and he'll stop trying. Good luck