The good news is, now that it is off, the kid weighs at least five pounds less, he isn't "clubbing" me with his little weapon, and he can take a bath with both legs in the water(which he did right when we got home).
The bad news is that it is still swollen and hurts him to walk, so he limps really badly and doesn't want to walk at all. At least with the cast on he was RUNNING around. Oh well, before we know it he will be back to normal and I will be eating my words while chasing him down.(Sorry the pictures were taken on my phone, not the best quality)

He was so excited that the same nurse(Kim) that put the cast on, was the one that took it off. He loved her so much, that he remembered her name and kept saying "when Kim takes my cast off"...I was nervous that he would have a freakout if someone else happened to be working that day, so I tried to prep him for that. When the door opened to call us back, Kim was standing there and Preston just glowed and looked at me and said, "see mom, I told you Kim was going to take my cast off." Kim just ate it up, she couldn't believe he remembered her. She wanted to take him home with her, which I was totally okay with, JK. He laughed the whole time she was sawing it off, it was pretty funny to see him giggle so hard with the sharp blade so close.

I was forewarned about the man-hair that he would have, but it's just not something you can really prepare yourself for. It is so wierd. From the exact start of the cast(Upper thigh) to the very end of the cast(his toes) he was "furry". It is so weird. I cant wait for it to rub off. Wierd!
2 comments:
oh poor kiddo! I'm glad he has it off now though! Why do people get all hairy from it?
I love his face! He's such a funny kid. Good to see him back to normal!
Post a Comment