I was so excited that Preston was going to be old enough to play a team sport this fall. He barely made the age cut-off for "mini-kickers" soccer program by three weeks. In my mind I anticipated how the season would go... best case scenario...he would get along with the other kids, he would learn the game, and overall he would totally love the game... worst case scenario... he would be a ball hog, not listen to the coach, and throw tantrums on the field... well, neither seems to be the case. He just flat out doesn't want to play. At the first game, he warmed up with the team, then sat down and took off all his gear, including his clothes... the second game, he just sat on the sidelines and cheered on his team... the third game he played for five minutes(which we were actually really proud and excited about), then flirted on the sidelines with the little girls next to us, and today, he played for about two minutes, with much coaxing from his cousin. I asked him on the car ride home after one of his games why he wouldn't play and he said "I'm too scared. There are too many people watching me." I can't compete with that. He is barely three years old after all.
One highlight from the game today was when one of the kids stole the ball from him and he stumbled to the ground... he sat there like Charlie Brown, with his mouth wide open crying out loud until the referee came over and consoled him...ahhh... the joy of sports.
Preston is #3
1 comment:
That is too funny! What a cute kid. I guess we can't make them! :)
Post a Comment